Who can apply?
- Owners of property in Spain and their direct relatives (spouses, children, parents).
- Direct relatives (spouses, children, parents) of Russian citizens who have a residence in Spain.
- Relatives of EU citizens.
- Persons who make frequent trips to Spain, whose previous visa had a validity period of at least 1 year, upon presentation of documents confirming trips to Spain during last 3 years.
- Holders of Schengen visas, with a validity of 6 months to 1 year, issued by Consulate General of Spain, St. Petersburg, from January 1st, 2020 to March 31th, 2020, and that due to non-essential temporary travel restrictions would not have been able to travel to Spain but that they plan to travel to Spain when the aforementioned restrictions are no longer in force.
- Seaman or seafarers
- Sports participants (been previously authorized letter by Ministry of Culture and Sports, Spain)
- Business (been previously authorized by Spanish Consulate)
- Truck drivers
- Pilots including air hostess and steward
- LEGAL RESIDENTS IN SPAIN WITH RECENTLY EXPIRED RESIDENT PERMIT
- HIGHLY QUALIFIED WORKERS ( been previously authorized by Spanish Consulate)
- SPANISH OR EU CITIZENS DIRECT FAMILY MEMBERS (spouses, children)
- Students (Masters less 90 days and been previously authorized by Spanish Consulate)
From what date will visas be issued?
From June 1. However, holders of these visas will not be able to travel to Spain while there are temporary travel restrictions due to public order and health regulations in connection with the epidemiological crisis caused by COVID-19. After the abolition of restrictions on movement, it will be necessary to comply with the sanitary requirements of Spain to enter Spain.
What will be the validity period of new visas?
This will depend on the validity period of previous visas and the correctness of their use. In the event that previously issued visas were used incorrectly, the Consulate General of Spain may refuse to issue a visa or shorten its validity.
How should the applications be submitted?
- in person, when the applicant is over 18 years of age.
- relatives of minors under 18 years of age can apply for visa on their behalf, if the minor has had his/her fingerprints taken within the previous 59 months. In this case, they must provide a document confirming the relationship. Children under 12 years old do not need to be fingerprinted.
The Consulate may require retaking the fingerprints, if it deems it necessary.
Term for consideration of applications:
As a rule, the applications will be considered within 10 working days, however, the period may be extended up to 30 days if an additional verification of the submitted documentation is required in accordance with Art. 7 of the Agreement between the European Community and the Russian Federation on the facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the European Union and the Russian Federation.
Documentation required for submission of the application:
- Schengen Visa Application form
- A recently made color photograph on a white background, size 3x4.
- Travelling passport with a minimum validity of 3 months after expiration of the requested visa, with at least two free pages. Photocopy of the travelling passport (page with the applicant's photo), photocopy of the internal citizen passport (page with the applicant's photo, pages with information and stamps).
- Certificate of work or employment.
- A certificate from the bank confirming the availability of sufficient funds for the upcoming trip to Spain.
- Medical insurance.
- Signed forms of consent for the processing of personal data by BLS International and the Consulate General of Spain.
- For minors traveling with one parent: a notarized power of attorney with travel authorization from the other parent.
Minors traveling alone or accompanied by a family member other than their parents: a notarized power of attorney from both parents, which must include the name and serial number of the identity document, as well as the contact details of the adult who is responsible for the minor.
- For relatives of EU citizens: the official document confirming relationship.
- For owners: Extract from the register of real estate (Nota simple), received within the last three months. For their direct relatives, it is necessary to provide documents confirming the relationship and an invitation from the owner (for children over 18 years of age and parents).
- For direct relatives of Russian citizens living in Spain: documents confirming relationship, a photocopy of a residence permit and an invitation from a relative living in Spain.
- Citizens of other countries: confirmation of legal grounds for residence in Russia within 6 months before applying for a visa, with a period of at least 3 months after returning from the trip.
For those who often visit Spain: if the passport does not have stamps on entry and exit from Spain when making recent trips, you must provide documents confirming frequent trips to Spain (photocopies of e-tickets, invoices from hotels in Spain, etc.)
THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF SPAIN IN ST. PETERSBURG RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION THAT MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THE CONSIDERATION OF THE CASE.
Important notice of travel restrictions due to COVID-19
As part of measures on prevention of the spread of COVID-19, the Schengen states have introduced travel restrictions, including at the borders between these states.
Depending on the development of the epidemiologic situation both inside and outside the EU, travel restrictions may be relaxed or reintroduced.
All travellers are responsible for checking of travel restrictions in effect prior to departure. The Schengen visa holders are not automatically entitled to enter the Schengen zone and must comply with applicable travel restrictions.
More details: https: //reopen.europa.eu/en/
APPLICANTS FOR VISA CATEGORY C (SCHENGEN VISA) CANNOT GO TO SPAIN OR OTHER COUNTRIES OF THE SCHENGEN ZONE, WHILE RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY TO THE EU AND STATES OF THE SHENGEN TREATY FROM THIRD COUNTRIES EXIST FOR THE PUBLIC ORDER AND HEALTH DUE TO PANDEMIC COVID-19.